Copyright © 2021 Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science for Women
Health & Wellness Club
FDP on Women and Heart Health
Dr.T.R.Nandha Kumar,Consultant and Interventional Cardiologist, Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore was the guest speaker. He highlighted about the importance of nutritive diet, regular exercises, maintaining a healthy weight and blood pressure levels for keeping a heart healthy.Around 70 faculty members participated and got benefited.The session was interactive and informative.
FDP on Pediatric Health Education
Dr.V.ShobiAnandhi MBBS., MD., DNB., Consultant Pediatrician and Pediatric Endocrinologist, Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore was the guest speaker.She enlightened about the healthy diet and daily activities, Benefits of exercises and Food pyramid. She also explained about the obesity complications, Diet changes to prevent obesity and Intensive lifestyle therapy, etc. Around 82 faculty members participated and got benefited. The session was interactive and informative.
Health Club Activities
- The Health & Wellness club and Department of Biochemistry organized “Awareness session on Breast Feeding” by Dr. Suja Mariam Consultant, Neonatology, Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore on 3rd August, 2022.
- The Health & Wellness club organized health checkup camp for students and their parents on 8th August, 2022.
- Awareness session on Drug Abuse was given by Dr.Arthi, General Medicine, Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore on 17th August, 2022, Antidrug pledge was taken on 11th August, 2022 to create awareness among the students.
- The Health & Wellness club distributed Iron tablets, Deworming tablets and Sanitary pads to students.
- Obesity screening camp was conducted on 17th September, 2022. Drowning prevention pledge was administered by the students and faculty on 17th September, 2022.
- In commemoration of World heart day awareness session was conducted on 29th September, 2022 by Dr.S.Vijay, Cardiothoracic, Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore.