Copyright © 2021 Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science for Women
GO DOWN DEEP ENOUGH INTO ANYTHING AND YOU WILL FIND MATHEMATICS
The Department of Mathematics caters to the needs of all the under graduate courses, post graduate courses as well as research programmes in Arts and Science since 1991. B.Sc. Mathematics was started in the year 2017 with an objective of emerging as a centre of excellence in the field of Mathematical Sciences and its applications. The Department hosts well qualified and experienced faculty members who have an incalculable thrust towards Mathematics. The knowledge of teachers and also teaching curricula is enhanced through the faculty participation in Seminars, Guest lectures and Faculty Development Programmes. In order to ease the transition between school and college as well as to familiarize students with the preliminaries of Mathematics, the Department also provides Bridge Courses. The department of Mathematics also offers the certificate course “RAISE” to improve the basic mathematical skills and to help the students who are preparing for Competitive Examinations. Faculty members have extensively contributed to the publications of research articles in their area of expertise. GANITAM – the Mathematics Association organises Maths related Quiz programmes and competitions for the students.
The department conducts various guest lectures, workshops, conferences thereby exposing students to eminent personalities in the field of Mathematics. Career Guidance and Higher Education Cell provide assistance and advice to students to make them more powerful and better informed so that they can become architects in building their own future. It conducts various guest lectures and seminars to update the students with opportunities available in the government and private sectors. It contributes to the placement of students by conducting Bank Coaching classes. It also updates the students with information regarding higher studies.
- To inspire, prepare and empower students to succeed in the ever-changing world.
- To strengthen the students analytical abilities in the field of mathematics.
- To motivate the students by upgrading their interest in contemporary mathematical techniques.
- To promote interdisciplinary learning so that the students develop a wider perspective and compete with confidence at multiple levels in various fields.
Highlights - Academics
- Qualification: M.Sc,M.Phil, PGDCA,( Ph.D)
- Experience: 22 Years
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orcid ID : 0000-0003-0973-2104
Vidwan ID :139924