Zero Tolerance for Ragging
As per the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, UGC Regulations and Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act 1997, Ragging is considered as a sadistic thrill, and is a violation of Human Rights.
The Initiatives of the College to curb the Menace of Ragging are as follows:
- Organising Anti – Ragging awareness lecture by Police Officials.
- Displaying quotes and legal acts of ragging at all designated places in the college campus.
- Obtaining affidavits from all the students and their parents.
- Constituting anti ragging cell and anti-ragging squad in our institution to preclude ragging.
- Educating the first year students regarding the availability of mentoring, counselling cell and help lines.
- Providing a complaint box in the college as well as in the hostel facilitating the freshers to post their complaints against ragging encountered by them.
- Initiating strict actions like dismissal or suspension against students found to be indulged in ragging.