Copyright © 2021 Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science for Women
Women Empowerment Cell
Women's Day Celebrations -2022
- An interactive session on the theme “Women’s Safety, Cyber Security and Gender Sensitization” was held on 17.08.2022 as a part of the Freshers Orientation Programme. Mrs. Reena Kothari, Proprietor, NX Mind Works Pvt Ltd was the guest speaker for the event.
- An interactive session on the topic “Current Affairs in Gender Politics – The Reality” was held on 15.10.2022. Ms.Pranavi Jay, CEO-HER-D & Mental Health Awareness Counselor was the chief guest for the event.
- An interactive session on the theme “Gender Stereotypes and the Dynamics of Social Interaction” was held on 14.11.2022. Mrs.Reshma Srijay, Entrepreneur and Motivational Speaker was the guest speaker for the event.
- Competitions on the theme “Gender Champion” was conducted on 16.11.2022 and cash prizes were distributed to the prize winners.
- International Women’s Day was celebrated on 08.03.2022. Dr.C.G.Sripriya, Chief Executive Officer of Best Group of Companies delivered a special address to the students. Cash awards and certificates were distributed to students who won prizes in
women’s day competitions.
- Interactive session on the theme “Prevention of Cyber Grooming and Cyber Bullying” was held on 18.03.2023. Mrs.Latha Sundaram, Founder and Managing Trustee, Aram Foundation Charitable Trust was the guest speaker for the event.
Protecting from Abuses
Women Empowerment Cell and Internal Complaints Committee of Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science for Women jointly organized an interactive session on the topic “Protecting from Abuses”. Mrs.Latha Sundaram, chief guest for the event highlighted why self-respect and dignity is important for women. She also insisted that students have to be very cautious while posting their personal information in social media. She also explained about the different types of abuses faced by women today and how they have to overcome it. She also enlightened the students that they should listen to what their intuition says and act upon it. 150 students participated and benefitted out of the session.